Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's Lent

So what are you giving up? Are you giving something up? Some years I do and some years I don't, it depends on where I feel like I am in that time. This year I am giving something up, actually I am giving three somethings up. Why? Because I feel like I have let these things get in the way of my relationships with God, my family and friends. Each and every one of them is an addiction of sorts something that I feel compelled to do at the cost of other things. So I am finished for the season, and we will see if I pick them up again.

I am not sharing all three of my addictions for personal reasons, but I will share one. I am giving up ALL of my games on facebook. For some people this might not be a big thing but for me it is. I have no idea how many hours a day/week I spend playing these games, and honestly I am scared to find out. I am not so bad that I could become one of those parents who ignores their dying child to play games, but I am guilty of telling them to wait when they ask for something so that I can finish a game.

I had debated giving up facebook entirely, but because of my lifestyle it is the most convenient way to keep in touch with my friends that are scattered all over the world, so I will keep it running for now.

Now time for me to get off the computer and spend some time with my wonderful kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!