Wednesday, June 1, 2011
1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit? I have been, I will admit that I didn't pay as much attention to things as I should have or enjoy it as much as I should have. But my favorite thing was the American History Museum portion of the Smithsonian and the Library of Congress. I would love to go back to visit but it isn't high on my list right now. There are so many other places and so little time or money.
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding? The last wedding that I went to, it was my brothers wedding. 3 years ago this July. Wow time flies. I don't think that I have any weddings on my summer calender right now. Strange but true. I was a late summer/fall bride with a mid-September wedding. In Flagstaff that could be hot or freezing you never know.
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries? I have a lot of favorite ways. Dipped in dark chocolate (really dark) is way up there. Sliced on Angel Food cake with whipped cream, that's my birthday cake each year. Fresh picked is always a good one. I don't know which one I would say the best is though.
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer? Finally losing the last of my depression/baby weight. I am so close to my goal and I have such a great support system here I think I will finally do it this year.
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store? Not if I can avoid it. I hate that thing.
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice. Wear Sunscreen! This advice is timely and useful. I am a very pale person so I need to follow this or I am a miserable dayglo red lobster person.
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime? For many years I would have picked flip-flops or barefoot, but I am buying some killer summer wedges and sandals this year so I will definitely go with some sassy sandals. They are an instant pick me up on a bad day and make any outfit look like you tried a little harder.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am a little, ok a lot disgusted with people right now. I live on a military base with a lot of parks for the kids to play in. There is a group of older kids who think that it is their job to trash the park at the end of our road at least once a month. They haul the large (8-12 in) river rocks over and throw them all over the equipment, they cover everything in the smaller landscaping rocks, throw the swings up where you have to climb to get them down and take all of the mulch from under the swings and put it all over every.single.surface. It takes forever to clean up, 8 adults over 45 minutes this weekend, and it is just outright disrespectful. After dealing with this for months we finally had someone see a small group of kids doing it, so when we started to clean up on Monday my husband went to talk to one of the parents and request that the kid help us clean. Nothing. The kid didn't have to help clean, didn't get in trouble, didn't have to apologise, nothing. The stuff they did this weekend damaged some of the equipment but no one is doing anything about it and it is driving me crazy.