Wednesday, September 14, 2011
1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?
I take a ton of vitamins, and drink hot liquids and then get on with my life. I've always found that the more I lay down the worse I feel. The only exception to this was when I got H1N1 2 years ago. I spent 3 days with a fever of at least 104, the whole time is a blur. I NEVER want to feel that way again. So I never got the flu shot before but I do now.
2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?
Remember that fear is not from God. That God has not given us a spirit of fear but of a sound mind. Fear and worry are both things that we feel when we tell God that we think that He is not in control and that we want to be in charge because we think that we can do better. I try to confess my fears and worries and give them back to God, because the reality is that He is sovereign no matter what.
3. Share two good things about your life right now.
Yesterday was my 8th wedding anniversary. So that's pretty awesome, especially with DH in a squadron with an 80% divorce rate.
The other good thing is that I am doing a lot of learning type reading. I love to read, but I am rediscovering the love of reading for learning purposes.
4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?
I am a huge fan of the clothing styles of the late 50's and early 60's, so some this move towards the late 60's is making me a little sad. I like pencil skirts and cinched waists, but the prints, and short stuff is not me at all.
5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?
I was a Cub Scout.... sort've. I was in the Girls Scouts for a while but didn't enjoy it. When my brother joined the cub scouts my whole family got involved and I went to all of the meetings, I memorized all of the stuff, I did everything to earn all of the patches, I went on the trips. I really enjoyed that a lot. My involvement stopped when my Dad died when I was 13.
6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?
Oooo it's a tough call between Apple and Pumpkin.
7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?
I think that a love for learning and the desire to share that is the most important quality for a teacher to have. I am not a fan of the new move towards teachers being self-esteem builders, I think that there are ways to teach children in ways that they learn to love learning that doesn't sacrifice the actual learning of material.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've been helping DH write a paper on the Navajo Code Talkers, and researching them. All I can say is that it is awesome and everyone should read something on this subject in their life.