Wednesday, September 7, 2011
1. What is one piece of advice you would give a 'just turning' 21- year old adult? You don't have to know now who you will be in 20 years. Pick a career and lifestyle that fit who you are now and be ok with change when it comes along. If teaching is your thing now go with it, but don't be upset with yourself if you decide in 10 years that you would rather be an accountant.
2. Besides cooler weather (or warmer weather, depending on your hemisphere) what is one thing you are looking forward to this fall?
There isn't much beyond cooler weather I am looking forward to. Well no that's not true, but getting out of the 100-115* temps is going to feel absolutely amazing. The other things I am looking forward to are the girls both being in school and me getting to have some free time. I also am looking forward to working with the Junior High Youth at my church, that should be fun!
3. What sound lulls you to sleep?
Nothing, I am not a big sleeper. It takes me FOREVER to go to sleep once I am laying down at night. Although I am always sleepy when I am on an airplane, but can't sleep now that I have kids traveling with me.
4. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency 'kit' and/or disaster plan in place?
Nope, well other than get out of the house in case of fire. We live in a small one story house with massive windows in each room. No snow, water, tornadoes, earthquakes, forest for a fire, so unless one of the jets accidentally bombs base housing (pretty unlikely) I don't feel very threatened, so I am totally unprepared. Perhaps I should change that.
5. How has your blog changed since you started blogging? Or has it?
I try to be more organized in my posting, I also have included more things other than just crafts and cooking. But not much because I don't do it that often so I haven't spent much time fine tuning.
6. What's something you've recently learned to do on the computer?
Nothing, but I really want to get photoshop and learn how to do that correctly and effectively.
7. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
Well, maybe not always 1000, but usually at the very least 500. I think it depends on the picture and the words. Sometimes all you need is a couple words to say what I picture never could.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Well it is the second Tuesday of the school year here and I am starting to figure out what to do with myself now that I have time alone. I don't have a ton of alone time since P-nut is only in school two days a week for a couple of hours, but in reality I haven't had this much consistant time to myself in almost 7 years. It is really strange to walk around by myself in the middle of the day. DH is really good about letting me get time when he is home, but when he is at work it just feels strange.