Tuesday, June 21, 2011
2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods? They are called non-existent. There were no fireflies in my hometown and there are none where we live now.
3. What is something from the past week that reminded you of your childhood? Watching my girls stage an original performance with all of their dolls.
5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/work space? Right now. A camera, my husbands History book for the class he is taking, an issue of Real Simple, water and fat free refried beans with salsa.
6. Peaches or watermelon...yes, you have to choose. When we lived in the South, peaches without question. Here in this oasis of sin and debauchery, watermelon.
7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but remember, this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated. Nope, I never had the opportunity, I never lived near water.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I realize I sound very much so like a Debbie Downer in this Hodgepodge, I really am just not a summer person, and I am not a Las Vegas person, and summer in Las Vegas, well it brings out the grump in me. Sorry.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
I am a reader. I really absolutely love to read. I could go without tv, movies, internet and phone, but I would go absolutely crazy without my books. I read constantly and quickly so as a result of that my reading tastes are eclectic to say the least. I read mystery, romance ( although I am not a fan of too much smut), comedy, classics, history both fictional and non fictional, just about everything but sci-fi. I also tend to read each of my books multiple times to save money.
This summer I have decided to read classics. I have been neglecting them for a while in favor of Sookie (the Vampire series by C. Harris) so I feel like it is time to get back to them. Another reason I choose to go back to classics is that they are free or close to it through my Nook. I have been perusing the free and discounted titles and stocking up. As of right now I have more than 50 titles stocked up.
I have started with a book that I haven't read for more than 15 years. Little Women. I am loving it actually. It is amazing how much more enjoyable these books are now that I am reading them for fun. I'll keep you updated on my progress through the summer.
Something to talk about: What's your favorite classic? Why should I add it to my list?