Friday, April 23, 2010

Food

Food, it should be easy, it should be a no brainer, at least to a Domestic Diva right? Who knew that there were so many things to think about when it comes to feeding your family. Not only the "normal" concerns of healthy vs. unhealthy foods; but now there are all of the concerns about origins and company practices when it comes to foods. There are the arguments about organic vs. non-organic, and now the concerns about genetically modified foods. It seems like it will never end. I can't help but feel overwhelmed and unsure of where to start. What it the most important thing for me to watch for my family? What if I can't afford to feed them in a way that I feel is healthy, safe, and moral? Is it possible to make the kind of change that I am wanting to with the family I have?

I don't know about you but there are times that I just want to throw my hands up and give up, there are too many things to worry about and too much information to try and research. So what's a DD to do? Well in my case I am trying to inform myself on the subject, but in a small way without going overboard and forgetting everything else. I am also trying to incorporate the changes that I feel are important as I am able to. I think that is all that any family can do. Am I perfect in this change, no way, but I am trying and I think that while you wouldn't be impressed at how organic, free-range all of the food in my fridge is, you would be impressed that I have found a way to still stay within my food budget while incorporating many of these types of food.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely feel this way! Trying to cut out things that are poisoning America, just to find out that those ingredients are in just about everything is hard enough. Then you throw in the horrible food production practices and cost and this is a really difficult thing to manage.

    Who would have thought that what we eat would be our biggest dilemma on so many fronts.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!