Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday

1. April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1st) answer this question-What is something foolish you've done? Foolish? Probably the most foolish thing that I have ever done is to buy into the whole magic weight loss pills myth. They are costly and largely ineffective but I still dumped WAY too much money down the drain thinking that they would take the place of healthy eating and exercise. 2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known as Peeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to fix/eat chicken? That wasn't what you were expecting, was it? I 'fooled' you. teehee. I love chicken and if it was up to me we would eat it for 90% of our protein. DH disagrees and would want that percentage to be pork or beef, but I digress. If I had to pick one very favorite way to have chicken I would say that it is sour cream enchiladas. They are like the best blend of comfort food and Mexican food, which I love. The other great thing is that they are so easy to make so I don't feel like I am struggling. 3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit? Oh I love museum's, big ones, small ones, famous or out of the way. I could live in museums a lot of my life, in fact my dream job is to work in one of the small restored house museums in the house, where the workers dress up in period clothing and give people a look into what life was like instead of just a view of the stuff. I can't really pick my favorite. I loved going to the huge museums like the Smithsonian (American History was my favorite) or the Louvre, but they were overwhelming at the same time. I love the small town museums. There is one near where my Grandmother lived that had been put together by the people who lived there donating family heirlooms which was beautiful. The museum in my hometown is great because it is focused on the unique heritage of that area, and includes a great kids dinosaur play area which my girls loved. So a favorite, I can't pick. I just love them all. 4. You know what they say about April showers...what's your preference-a shower or a bath? That depends on the situation. If the purpose is cleanliness it will always be a shower. If I am sticky, sweaty or dirty I don't want to sit and wallow in it, I also don't like rinsing my hair in the same water I just washed it in, it just doesn't feel clean. But if the purpose is alone time, mental or muscle relaxation it is a bath. I have been known to take a book into a hot bath and read for hours until the water is ice cold. 5. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"...fact or fiction? Why? Wow, hmmm. In my case I would say true, and that's a good thing considering how often DH gets deployed. I find that physical absence allows you to get more talking and heartfelt sharing in with people, when you see someone every day you tend to get stuck in the grind and not share with them how you feel. Another reason why I feel this way is that with absence comes time to forget the little things that annoy you and time to come to appreciate and miss the things that you love about them. 6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state/province? Hahahahaha grown in my home state. Northern Arizona is not known for growing anything. It does have an immense Ponderosa Pine forest which will always make me let out a breath of "home" when I see it. But that's not really a favorite just something that lets me know I am almost there. So something made in the area. I love Navajo and Hopi traditional arts. The silver work that they do will always amaze me. The blankets they make are so beautiful, and the katchinas are so intricate. If I could afford it I would have something to wear for every day of the week and a house full of it. 7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most? So many things but the most obvious is the lack of peace throughout the world and Americas involvement in those conflicts. With DH's specific job field he is gone as much as he is home, so that is always at the front of my mind. 8. Insert your own random thought here. I should know better... I have never had a successful tan. Every year I say "I am going to embrace my natural skin color of white" and then the first sun of spring comes out and I am out in the sun without enough sunscreen and get burned. You would think that after 30 years I would know that I am never going to have a tan unless it is airbrushed on, but no I keep trying. And so I sit here with my first sunburn of the year kicking myself because I do know better, I just can't seem to help myself. Questions from Here thanks for the fun! ~DD

5 comments:

  1. I don't think your link is working from the Hodgepodge..you might want to check it...it said page not found so I clicked on the name of your blog and found it that way. You can add another link if you like and I can try to remove the incorrect one....I 'think' I know how to do it. : )

    I love the pansies in your background and I do the same thing with the sun. I used to tan, never burn. I didn't have to work at it either. Now if I miss even a speck of skin with the sunscreen I end up burnt in that spot. Aging is no picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yeah, the first link isn't working, I somehow managed to delete the first post so I had to re-do it. Brilliant I know.

    The funny thing about the sun is that I have always been this way, since I was born. I just keep thinking magically I will not burn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry-I left the comment before I saw the new link! No worries-you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is currently deployed. I answered the question the same way, just with less words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absence DOES make the heart grow fonder.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!