Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Give it up or not Hodgepodge.
1. What song reminds you of a specific time in your life and what is it about that song that makes you remember? I identify strongly with music, it takes very little for a song to take me to another place in time. The hardest part of this is going to be picking just one song. So I will go with the one that has been in my head for the last couple of weeks and will probably stay there for a long time. I sang this song as a part of my Universities Choral Christmas program which is amazing and this song has the ability to transport me to a calm and peaceful place.
2. What's something you've given up on? Something I have given up on? Do I want to answer this one with a joke or with something serious? Ok, for the joke, I have given up on sun tanning. Actually I should have given this up years ago. Beyond the fact that it is not healthy for you at all. I am very Nordic in my coloring, so it really is a bad plan for me. If it isn't fake my color is either white or red.
For something serious I have given up on. I have given up on being in control of my life. Between the knowledge that I need to let God be in charge and the reality that my life is controlled by the military I have had to let go of that need to be in charge.
Family, and the friends who are like family. I will never let them go and I will never let them give up on themselves.
Health, I will never give up on my health and doing what I can to take care of that as best I can.
4. If you had to cook something from scratch in the next hour what would it be?
Let's see I currently have the ingredients for potato soup, spaghetti bolgonaise, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, chicken and rice casserole, peanut butter balls, and I think that's it that would count as from scratch. If I had to choose one to make right now it would probably be potato soup.
5. Have you started Christmas shopping? Decorating? Listening to Christmas music?
Started? I'm pretty much finished. I still need a few things to finish the girls gifts but that is pretty well done. I also will have a few gifts for random things like white elephant exchanges and gift exchanges with friends, but I am done with everything else. Decorating? Nope, I refuse to until after Thanksgiving. I love fall decorations. Listening? Same as before, one holiday at a time here.
6. What do you know about your parent's wedding?
With my Father and Mother. I know where it was held, I've been there, I know what they wore and who was in it. I know how long after they met that they had it. I love to look at the pictures and hear the stories. I am a sucker for weddings and would listen to the stories all the time.
With my Mom's current husband, I know everything about it, I was in it. I helped to plan parts of it. So that's easy.
7. I can't believe I ___________________.
.... don't have ANY pictures of just DH and I together with him in his uniform since our first date. Yes you read that right. So I think that is something that needs to be fixed.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I read this on Pinterest the other day and I love it.
People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God; It was never between you and them anyway. - Blessed Mother Teresa