1. What are three words you would use to describe your 2011? Fun, Comfortable, Unremarkable. Those make my year sound sort of boring, but it wasn't. It's just that this is a year that wasn't marked by a move, a deployment, or a baby in our life so it was sort of without any major event and I am totally ok with that.
2. Do you like shrimp? What's your favorite way to have it prepared? I love shrimp.... when it isn't overcooked. I love it any way, fried, in scampi, in an angel hair pasta with fresh garden tomato and garlic. Pretty much in any way I can get it. My husband isn't a big fan so I don't really make it at home, but I probably should.
3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down? Yes. It actually stayed up longer than usual this year, we were out of town until the middle of the week after Christmas so it stayed up until then. Usually DH and I take it down on Christmas day while the girls play with their new stuff. Why so fast? Well I put it up on Thanksgiving day, so it's been up for a month, and my birthday is 2 weeks after Christmas and I like to have some transition time in between.
4. Do you like to watch scary movies? No. Not at all. DH does, so this bugs him. But I don't like movies in general and scary movies seem to be a waste to me.
5. ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy? Sledding or Ice Skating. I haven't Skated in years though so right now I would say sledding. I do have some interesting and awkward memories of going on ice rink "dates" as an early teen.
6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it. My neighbors had this amazing apple tree that was perfect for climbing in their front yard, it wasn't hidden so much as our favorite place to play. It had two branches that were perfectly shaped to be horses. We played on it for hours.
7. What's a place or space that motivates you? Motivates me, hmmm. This is the hard one. I don't feel like a place or space motivates me. Hmmmmm. I'll think about this one for a while, but I am not sure that I will come up with something.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am participating in the 365 photo challenge this year, and I am totally excited about it. I love the idea of photo-journaling what goes on in my family throughout the next year. I am really hoping that I end the year with not only a really great visual reminder of what happened, but also I am hoping that I improve my photo taking skills. (Link to the 365 Photo Challenge)