Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Football life lessons Hodepodge.



1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year's Superbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?

Someone who has great love for their country and what it can accomplish and then is willing to become an involved part of making that happen. I think that the military members are often patriots, but not always. I think that politicians can be patriots, but I think that it is getting harder and harder to find one.

2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?

Hmmmm, Food. I have gotten back into some really unhealthy eating habits, and switching back is hard. I don't even like these foods but I continue to eat them, it is strange and disturbing.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?

I thought I had it all figured out, I knew where I was going and what I was doing, thank goodness I was wrong.
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?

Mayonnaise, 100% the hardest. I do love coconut, but I can do without it if I have to. I am not a fan of mashed potatoes in general and neither of my children eat potatoes (one won't even touch french fries) so giving them up wouldn't be a problem. And honestly ice cream isn't my thing.
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?

The time in my life that I remember as being the coldest I have ever been was while I was student teaching in England. The other student teachers and I were living in some unused dorms on  RAF Mildenhall, they had almost been abandoned, there was very little hot water, the heaters in the rooms only worked marginally and I was in the last room in the hall right next to the outside door that didn't close all the way. I slept in long underwear and sweats under about 10 old green wool ARMY blankets. It was horrible.
6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?

Quiche. I adore quiche, I usually have most of the stuff on hand to make it, there is just something about that eggy-cheesy goodness all surrounded by a pie crust that is wonderful. If someone else is cooking, I love a good eggs benedict, however I am not a fan of the canadian bacon version.
7. How do you combat negative thinking?

I am generally pretty good at telling myself that negative thinking will not help, it usually makes the problem worse. I like to take a good look at the situation and try to find a solution rather than wallow in how unfair is it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm loving the 365 (+1) challenge with photographs that I started. I don't know if my pictures are any good, or if they are getting better, but it sure is fun to take them.  

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love quiche too! And I had the BEST eggs benedict EVER when we were in Kauai this October - if you ever go, let me know and I"ll tell you where it was! AMAZING! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of canadian bacon?! So you just leave it out or use regular bacon? It's my Mamacita's favorite breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you said about politician being patriots. If we had more, maybe our beautiful country wouldn't be in the predicament it's in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had many cold days in England. The cold there is another level since its so damp. You feel it in your bones.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!