1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?
We always have professionals do them. However after I had to explain some of the terms to the "pro" we worked with this year I am thinking that I should probably just save the money and do them myself next year.
2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....
Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?
Pain, absolutely. Almost all of my defining, life changing moments have been related to something painful. However I think that they have helped to mold me in a good way and that it because I have a foundation on love. I was able to work through the difficult times in a way that made me a much stronger person.
3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.
NO, I have seen this color and the answer is NO!!!! A thousand times no. I am not an orange person with decor or in my wardrobe. However I do LOVE the Benjanim Moore Color of the year Wythe Blue, which happens to look amazing with Tangerine Tango. (Picture from this blog)
4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
Somewhat, used to collect tea pots and I still have them in my dining room, but I haven't acquired any new ones in years, so I am not a current collector of anything. I really don't know what I would want to collect right now, or what I would do with it once I had it. I am not a "stuff" person, if it doesn't have a purpose I don't see the need. I do love decorative things with function, but no tchokeys for me.
5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
For my whole family? I would say roasted veggies. The girls love veggies when they are roasted. For me? Hummus. I love it and it can be made in so many ways. My current favorite is an easy one with a southwestern seasoning in it.
6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
It's been a while since we had any major car trouble, years in fact. The closest thing that I can think of to trouble was the windshield cracking in a nice straight line all the way across on our way to church on Christmas Eve.7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
A little of both, which I guess is a good thing, I tend to cycle.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Wow, Holy Pinterest. I had part of one of my blog posts pinned the other day and it has been nuts. I went from about 20-30 views per blog to over 100 with the pinned blog at over 500 in one day. It is not even something that I came up with on my own, I saw it and loved it so I wanted to share it with friends. But holy cow does it make me feel like I need to be churning out more quality stuff.