1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?
Wow, this one is hard. I think that personally out of the three I would like to go with Abraham Lincoln, not only because he was an amazing man, but also because by most accounts he was a fun person to be around, someone who liked to laugh and joke.
2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?
We don't go out to eat often at all, and when we do it is usually somewhere different. Let's see.... Outback is always a go to place, but that's sort of a given in my family. Yardhouse.... that is probably it, I adore Yardhouse.
3. I spied this question on the Bears at Home blog last week and she gave me permission to
When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?
Always look back and way it was good, at least mostly. I think that the only thing we should ever look back at and wish that we did better is how we treated others. I don't want to look back at my life and say, "well I failed at being kind and compassionate" and if I can accomplish those two things I don't think any small goals are worth mentioning.
4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?
I LOVE grapefruit. No really, I do. I love tart citrus, lemon, lime and grapefruit, I am not a fan of oranges though. To give an example, I used to take a whole grapefruit to school in my lunch. I would peel the whole thing like an orange and eat it. Yum!
5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?
Let's see. In the last 3 weeks I have cleaned out and reorganized every single closet and storage area in my house. They all look much better now. I tend to do this about once every 3 months, I HATE a disorganized closet.
6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?
I am drawing a blank right now. I am not very fond of a lot of the "starlets" of today, and I am currently tired of politicians. So I think I would probably want to go with someone who is a great humanitarian, however all the ones coming to mind right now are deceased. So.... Hmmmmm.
7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?
8 or 9. Depending on the size of the car. When I was learning to drive I had a big old Dodge truck. I lived in a town where there are parts (that I visited frequently) that were pretty much parallel parking only. The truck was tough, when I got my smaller car it became a breeze. I haven't done it in about 6 years because I haven't needed too, so that's why I lowered my score a little.... I am probably out of practice.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's almost time to start house hunting for real. We "should" have the orders for our move in hand by the end of the month and then we will have 3 months until the move. So hopefully we get things worked out so that everything goes as smoothly as possible.