1. William Shakespeare's birthday is celebrated on April 23rd...when did you last read Shakespeare? What's your favorite Shakespeare play? It's been about a year or so, longer than normal, but I would venture to guess more recently than the average person. My favorite, that's hard, I do love Much Ado... and Taming..... I can't pick between those two.
2. What food(s) would you recommend a foreign visitor try when they visit your home country? This is such a broad question, there are so many different foods that exemplify so many different regions of the United States. I would say that if there was any ONE food I think that someone visiting the US should experience it would be a pie... There is just something so very American about pie, it doesn't have to be apple, but pie is it.
3. What's a lie you often tell yourself? "I can eat this junk food in moderation." LOL. I am better off not eating the junk, I just can't eat one small serving of my favorite junk, it has to be so much that my stomach hurts and I hate myself.
4. What's something you're good at that might surprise us? Remember this is a family friendly blog! This is hard, mostly because I don't feel like I am a really secretive about things, I feel like I don't have huge secret talents. I have a really good color memory... I can look at something and then 6 months later go to a store and match the color almost exactly.
5. Who is your favorite animal character from a book? Wow, with all of the reading that I do this one has me stumped, I have skipped over it to come back, which I NEVER do when answering a hodgepodge question. So here we are and this is the only one I have left. I guess I will say Jack from the Little House series. He is everything that a dog should be.
6. April showers bring May flowers...do you have a green thumb? As much as I would like to blame the fact that I have spent the majority of my life in a desert of some sort I think that I am just not someone to whom gardening comes naturally. But I believe that I can and will learn how. It's just a matter of applying myself.
7. Speaking of rainy days...which one of the following activities would you most want to spend time doing on a rainy day-
sort photos and create albums
read a good book
hold an all-day movie marathon
organize closets, cupboards, or bookshelves
try a new recipe
fix something that needs fixing
Well, off of that list, I would say that any of them but number 1 and number 4 sound like a good idea. I try to do number 3, 5 and 6 at least once a week so they aren't novelties, they are necessities each in their own way. And while I enjoy 2 and 7 those are the husbands rainy day activities.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am in the midst of making mop caps for a production of Oliver that my church is putting on. I haven't done anything like this in a while. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they all turn out ok.