Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Keys Hodpodge

1. What would you say is the key to success?


Organization and commitment. You can't do anything well if you don't really commit to doing it with your whole effort. The organization is mostly me, I can't be successful if I don't have a clear picture of where I am and where I am going and the best way to get there. 

2. Have you ever been to the Florida Keys? Any desire to visit that part of the US of A? 



Nope, Florida is actually one of the states that I have not been to. I would visit there if given the opportunity, but it isn't somewhere that I want to visit enough that it is on my wish list. 

3. When and where did you last see a real live donkey? Monkey? Turkey? 



Donkey, when we last visited Texas, my extended family has a neighbor who owns donkeys, so I see and HEAR them pretty frequently when we visit. Monkey, the last time I visited the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC. A year or so ago I think. And Turkeys, probably in the last week, we have a flock of wild turkeys that live in the woods that my house backs up to. 

4. An old Portuguese proverb says, 'Beware of the door with too many keys.'What do you think this means? Share an example of how this has proven true or false in your own life. 



I think that this has to do with being wary of something that seems too easy to be true. If there are a million ways to get something then it probably isn't worth getting. Unless it's love and friendship, that is worth it. 

5. Besides your home, vehicle, and special jewelry, what is something you keep under lock and key? 



My classroom supplies at school. I work at a preschool in a church and share my room with the nursery. I have a different set of supplies and snacks than the main children's program so in order to keep my stuff from accidentally being used I lock it up. Actually this problem is not as big a problem this year as when I started a few years ago, I think that is because both the nursery and I are very careful to be respectful of each others individual spaces in the shared classroom.  

6. When did you last get keyed up about something? 



I am a really low key person as a rule, I very rarely get worked up over anything. My last episode probably had to do with my taking my Praxis II exam this summer. Due to some randomness I am needing to re-take certification tests to get  a new teaching license for Secondary History and Social Studies. It was and is very nerve wracking to have to retest on something I learned more than a decade ago. But the good news is that I got my results on the first of many tests and I did amazingly. So I was all worked up over nothing. 

7. Who thinks we need an easy one right about now?  Key lime pie...yes please or no thank you?



YES! Absolutely. They are on my top 5 desserts of all time. 

8. Insert your own random thought here. 


I am so busy, but loving it right now. It is time to start a new school year, and I can never just leave things alone and use what worked from the year before. I always find new things to add, and new ways to do things. As much work as it is to re-start each year I think that it really helps me to keep myself and my classroom from getting too stagnant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!