Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Summery Hodgepodge




1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?

It has been a very long time since I vacationed, so I am having a hard time coming up with anything.

2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?

I am an OCD packer. I pack by list and event and weather. I pre-plan everything down to the earrings. So I guess I would be a light packer.

3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you?

Being silly is an essential part of life.

4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?

Look for your perfect job, but don't be so picky that you miss an opportunity for something different that might be better.

5. What's your favorite lemon something?

EVERYTHING! Lemon desserts are my favorite, lemon food is pretty high up there too.

6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear?

Flip-flop or wedge. Easier to run in.

7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?

The sound of the ocean and the way people are always so much nicer when they are near the water.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Unless I can figure out how to do this from my smart phone this will be my last hodgepodge for a while. And the next one will be from Missouri!

19 comments:

  1. I live near the beach. The visitors we get are not very nice, unfortunately. They're either the older bunch...snowbirds...who are not very patient and ornery or the younger partying crowd who just want to have fun wearing next to nothing at all. Now the locals...we're nice as can be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I tend to go to the beach in the off season so I meet more locals that crazy people. I totally forgot about Spring Breakers.

      Delete
  2. I love your lesson learned from a child... so, so true. Good luck with your move!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your answer to #3. and i think you need to take a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls have definitely taught me that same lesson for #3. It's a great way to be, too! Sure hope your move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're off to Missouri? My daughter and grandkids live there. Enjoy your time.

    Love your answer to #3....a bit similar to mine, but different. LOL

    As for not being on vacation and OCD packer...that explains a lot. [kidding]

    OUTDOOR SEASIDE SCULPTURES is my link for today.

    Hope your Wednesday will be a glorious one, all day long!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Memory. Yes, Missouri, I can't wait! I also can't believe it is getting this clost.

      Delete
  6. I agree. It is probably high time you took a vacation!

    Here's my hodgepodge:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/05/wednesday-hodgepodge-5912.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being Silly is very important! My teenagers sometimes cringe when I do this in public though...

    Hope you stop by my site... I have a link to my favorite Lemon dessert! here's my HodgePodge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well welcome to the state of Misery... j/k. I have lived in MO for almost 6 years. I love it we live in a smaller town near springfield, if I had my rathers, I would rather be in Arkansas. lol But Missouri is a pretty state, we don't have to drive far to get in the country. Enjoyed your answers and hopefully you will be back with us! Glad you stopped by!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being silly is cool! My kids are grown and I'm still silly. It keeps a person young, if you ask me. =D Thanks for visiting! Now following...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you figure out how to do this from your phone. The hodge podge would miss your weekly presence! I'm a big lemon lover too! Even in my tea. My family has always said that I like a little tea with my lemon! Have a safe, easy move!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I bet you figure out how to do HP from your smartphone with the app Blog Press. I haven't tried it but I know plenty of folks that have.

    Thanks for stopping by today and all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! You run in flip flops and wedges? I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you moving? Or vacationing? Either way ... have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Utility sinks can be employed for most of these things and more. It’s the particular sink that could be beat up a tad bit more than though others. It is the sink you can wash everything in without having worrying about scratching the s / s or soiling the destroy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope to see you back once you're settled in Missouri....good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!