Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Breaking out the Oldies.

I am currently participating in a fitness challenge with some of my friends. The goal of this challenge is to keep us all accountable with our pre-swimsuit season fitness goals and also to throw some variety into our workouts. It has been amazing, and even with all of the problems that I am having with my health, you know the hives, I am finding that I am keeping up with my plan better and being less likely to just give up and gorge myself on some brownies.

This weeks challenge is so much fun that I thought I would share with all of you. This week we are supposed to break out an OLD workout video, and I mean old. We are talking about Sweatin' to the Oldies, Jane Fonda, Jazercise, something totally old school. If an old video isn't available to you try a second hand store or library near you I am sure that they have something fun.

For my first day I pulled out an old Belly Dancing for Fat Burning Video, first of all I am glad that I still have a VCR in the house, but that was just a happy mistake. I popped in the Video with AJ watching me, she said that she wanted to participate at first but quickly decided that playing Angry Birds was a much better use of her time. I started the video and quickly remember why I had stopped using it. I was popping and cracking joints all over the place, I never felt like my form was right, and I didn't feel like I got any sort of a workout at all. So needless to say I decided that video needs to be retired permanently and tossed it in the donation pile.

Today I am looking for my old Kickin' with Country workout with Denise Austin. I am sure that it will probably meet the same fate, but I know that it is here somewhere and I want to try it out. I am sensing a theme here and I hope that I can find some old stuff that isn't dance related.

So what have I learned this week? In the whole two days that I have had so far. It is that I have come a long way in my workout routines. I remember when these old video's were hard and made me work, now they just make me smile. That makes me feel amazing. I know that my overall fitness level is so much higher now than it used to be, and that is worth every second I have put in.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so impressed with you, daughter. And proud of you. And I love you too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!