Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Red, White and Blue Hodgepodge

1. What is something about living in this country that you value? 'This country' is whatever country you call home. I value the freedoms that we have here, and the fact that we live in a nation that is dedicated to improving not only the lives of the people who live there but the people all over the world. I realize that often these goals are gone about in totally the wrong way, and often they are not met. But it is still an awesome thing to strive for.


2. What is a favorite something you own that is red, white and/or blue?  My favorite blue thing is my eyes. I love the color that they are, I think that they are awesome! I also love that they are the exact same shade as my mothers. We don't share many physical features so I love that we share this one.

3. Do you fly a flag at your house on patriotic holidays? Absolutely. We usually fly a flag at all times, however we need a new one so there is nothing up right now.


4. What ingredients do you think should be included in a great picnic basket? My personal ideal picnic basket would have a good loaf of bread, a variety of good cheese, and fresh fruit, with wine to drink.


5. What is one interesting piece of trivia you know? Interesting is of course a relative term. LOL, I am the Queen of random and interesting trivia. I don't know what piece to share with you today. Let's see, Memorial Day used to be called Decoration Day.



6. Wednesday, May 24th is National Escargot day...have you ever tried them? Eww or ooh? Yes I have tried them, they are neither eww nor ooh to me. I wasn't grossed out by them, but I didn't love them. If I was served them again I would eat them, but I wouldn't bother ordering them in a restaurant.


7. What is one thing you know for sure? I know for sure that I am happy where I am in my life right now, and that is a blessing. I love doing what I do, and being who I am. I also know that this is a huge thing, I don't know many people who can say that with complete certainty so I am grateful for that.


8. Insert your own random thought here. I am not having any luck with a random thought today. That's strange, generally I am full of random thoughts. Oh, here is one. I really need to start crafting again. I think I shall design a new 4th of July shirt this afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. I loved your answer to #1...Americans have a lot of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what Fourth of July creation you come up with! I think your shirts are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being satisfied in life is a difficult thing to do. Kudos to you for this accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have blue eyes and didn't even think about that. Great answer!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!