Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gingered Pork Tenderloin

My Mom made this pork tenderloin one year for Easter and I fell in love with it. It is an easy and very impressive recipe to prepare. My favorite way to serve it is with mixed roasted veggies on the side. I will usually put one 9x13 pan with the pork next to another 9x13 pan with the veggies. Tonights vegetable combo was cauliflower, broccoli, and sweet potato.

GINGERED PORK TENDERLOIN
2 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1/8 tsp. thyme
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 gloves garlic, minced
2 T. fresh ginger, minced

SAUCE
3/4 cup ginger preserves (I couldn't find these. used apricot instead)
2 T. dry sherry
1 T. soy sauce

Rub meat with mustard powder and thyme. Place in a non-reactive dish and add 1/2 c. sherry, 1/2 c. soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Coat the loin well. Cover; refrigerate overnight.

NEXT DAY: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place loin with liquid in oven uncovered. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Baste occasionally while cooking.

SAUCE: Meanwhile, heat preserves with sherry and soy sauce over medium heat until melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Pour over loin when it's done.

NOTES: I usually don't measure the mustard and thyme I just sprinkle it lightly over the outside.

Sometimes I don't remember to make the sauce. It's still amazing without it.

~DD

1 comment:

I love to hear from you!