1. Have you ever been 'asked' to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed?
Yes, but I couldn't actually report. The only time I have been sent the letter was when we were stationed in England. So I made a call and told them that I was a military wife stationed overseas and that I would be unable to come.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer.
I would say that I am a 7. I am more mechanically inclined than your average person, but I am no where near as good as my brother. He can just look at something and somehow he knows how it's made. Or he can think of something and somehow know the best way to build it.
3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash....of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable?
Cauliflower is my families favorite. The girlies will request it once a week or more. Personally my favorite is butternut squash, it is so yummy and so versatile. Stuffed Squash, roasted squash, squash pasta, squash enchiladas. Yummmm.
4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity?
A good healthy dose of perspective. There is a quote that says "If we all threw our problems into a big pile, we would quickly grab back our own after we say what everyone else was struggling with." Self-pity comes from a place of entitlement, when you say that you deserve something more, better or different. What we need to remember is that life isn't perfect and God never promised that. What he did promise was to be with us along the way, and if we have God with us there is no room for self-pity.
5. Do you enjoy classical music?
I adore classical music. I listen to it almost as often as I do any other style of music except children's music, which seems to be everywhere with the 4 yo and the 6yo making the choices.
6. October is National Book Month...what's on your reading list this month?
Let's see, so far I have read Emma, Little House in the Big Woods (with the girls of course), two regency romance trilogy's by Julia Quinn, one by Catherine Coulter. I plan on reading some history books on Organized Crime, and if it ever comes in on the Library waiting list I want to read The Help.
7. What is your idea of 'cute'?
Hmmm, I think that is children being children. I love seeing kids who are allowed to explore and learn about the world and express themselves in their own special way. It almost always ends up being cute.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Not much today, nothing interesting or profound. Just the normal stuff, dentist, school, cleaning...