Friday, December 30, 2011

Coming to the end.....

Last year at I posted one of my most popular posts ever when I talked about resolutions and goals for the next year. (If you want a reminder here it is) I talked a little about making goals that were motivated by peer pressure and feelings of inadequacy. I made three goals for the year 2011. So the question for today is did I do it?

Well, I can say with certainty that I tried to avoid judging myself through others peoples eyes. So number one is a success.

The second resolution well it was much harder. I am horrible at not judging myself and in loving who I am. I am very self critical to the point that sometimes I spend all day stressing out about things. It's a flaw, a huge one.... and I guess another thing to add to this list. I have a horribly hard time accepting who I am as who I am supposed to be, in every aspect of life. I am constantly seeing what "might" be and never appreciating what is there. So I guess that means that number two was a failure is a work in progress.

Number three. Well I tried. I really tried to be more helpful and friendly and to hold my tongue more when I wanted to give someone a piece of my mind. I know I wasn't successful 100% of the time, but I hope that I was at least most of the time.

All in all I think that 2011 was a wonderful year and a success. I am blessed to have the family and friends who love me for me even when I struggle to do so. So thank you to everyone in my life who helped to make this an amazing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!