Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Holding yourself accountable.

I just joined/started a group for fitness goal on facebook with friends. It's been great so far, now we are only 2 days into it but still, I love having a place that I can go to talk about plans, accomplishments, failures and to ask for suggestions. It is a wonderful thing to have that kind of support when you are trying to become more fit. So the theme of this Fitness Tuesday post is to find a way to hold yourself accountable. When you make a fitness goal it is easy to let life get in your way. If you find a way to hold yourself accountable you are more likely to reach those goals.

Do I think that everyone needs to do this exactly the same way that I have? Absolutely not, there are as many different ways of holding yourself accountable as their are people in the world. I do have a few suggestions though that I will share with you. The first is to arrange a support group among friends. It is great if those friends have a wide range of fitness levels and knowledge so that everyone can teach and learn at the same time. Another way would be to ask your significant other to help you out. DH is incredibly helpful to me, the other night I asked him if he would mind if I went to a home sales party instead of Zumba, he looked at me and asked why, I told him I didn't want to buy anything I wanted the snack food and alcohol. The look he gave me made my decision, we both knew that the party was not a good plan for me so I didn't go. A third suggestion is to journal your eating and exercise, this is good if you are a very private person about your fitness goals. There are many sites available online for this now, just look around and see what it is that works best for you. Like I said earlier these suggestions are by no means the only way to hold yourself accountable, they are just the first three that popped into my head.

Have fun, happy working out and meeting your goals.

~DD

1 comment:

  1. It is because of the A-Z Challenge that I have finally begun to hold myself fully accountable for setting and reaching my goals. Thanks for reminding me of the importance of this. It's a pleasure to meet you via the A-Z Challenge, or what remains of it, rather.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!