1. In a large mixing bowl crumble the bread into small pieces. Add egg, milk, and onion soup mix. Stir and set aside to soak for a few minutes.
2. While it is soaking grate the carrots. Add the carrots and stir well.
3. Add the ground beef and thoroughly combine. I use my hands, just make sure that they are really clean, and wash afterwards.
4. Place in a microwave safe dish, you will want it in a low narrow loaf shape instead of a loaf pan shape to ensure even cooking.
5. Microwave in 5 minutes intervals for 10-15 min or until cooked (make a small slit in the middle to check doneness. While it is microwaving combine the ketchup, mustard and sugar for the topping.
6. Top Meatloaf with mixture and microwave for 2-3 more minutes. Remove from microwave oven and let sit 5-10 minutes to allow the juices to settle, otherwise they will all run out and dry out the meatloaf.
7. Serve and enjoy. Personally I love mine with broccoli and potatoes.
Real quick here is my recipe for roasted broccoli. It's quick and easy and really tasty.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Pre heat oven to 400. Clean and cut broccoli into bite sized florets. Place on a sheet pan. I'm using this one.
2. Pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over the broccoli and sue your hands to mix and evenly coat all of the broccoli. Salt and Pepper then mix again. Spread broccoli evenly over the sheet pan.
3. Roast for 15-25 minutes until the broccoli is cooked and the edges are starting to brown. I personally like mine almost overdone with a lot of brown edges, but my girls hate it that way. If yo ulike the crispy edges you will need to roast it for closer to 35 minutes.