1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you? Summer 2012? Wow, it's like I get to pick a theme song for my summer, what should I choose? Something that makes me smile, something that makes me think of goals that have been accomplished....How about this one?
LOL, ok, ok, I kid. No I am not making the Hot Dog song my new Summer theme. Although technically it does tick all the boxes so to speak. I think that I will go with this one though.
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food? Food, yum, one of my favorite subjects. I would say that my answer to this question has changed over the years. When I was growing up I would have put Ice Cream or Popsicles here without any hesitation. But now I find that I really don't love them as much as I used to. I would say that anything berry is perfect for summer now. Fresh picked berries, cobblers, pies. Yum!
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why? That's a pretty interesting list, which person on the list would I have most liked to know and why? Let's see, I would have to pick Molly Pitcher, because I am continually fascinated by the lives of women as they related to the military throughout the years. There have been women throughout history who have exhibited the same bravery and patriotism in war as men but they have been largely ignored by historians, and I love the stories that do get told.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move? At what age did I spend the majority of my year at another location? Or at what age did I claim another address as my own? Or at what age did I finally get all of my stuff out of the house? Those are three questions with different answers. My parents moved the summer after I graduated from High School and while I had a room at their house, I spent most of my year living in the dorms at Northern Arizona University. So even though most people would say that I was still at home at that time, since I have never spend the majority of a year in that room I have always thought of it more as their house than mine. I moved out and got my own address when I got married the September after graduating from NAU. I moved to England in a suitcase though so I left most of my things at their house, so even though I was married and living on my own I still had a lot of stuff there. In fact now, 9 years later I can finally say that there isn't much that is mine that's left at their house. Or at least not much that I will want to re-claim. I have my college textbooks, some of the history memoirs that I will rescue, but others are probably pretty worthless by now. Also I have the accessories for my American Girls Dolls that I will want. Other than that I think I am finally moved all the way out.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money? For me right now it's saving money. Time I have, money is tight. Being a SAHM Mom has given me a lot of time with my family which I love and which is important, but it has made money tight. So saving money is what I think about.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people. Generally I think that seeing someone in need or hurting brings out the good in people, especially if that person is a child. While I never want to see any child hurting, I think that the care and help that people show to children in need is always a good thing.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time? I guess we are doing neither. With the move just being over we dropped the girls off at the in-laws house for the summer, so we will be driving down there at some point in time to pick them up. But the plans for the hubby and I are for him to get settled into work, and for me to find work. Not very vacation-y.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm having WAY too much fun on YouTube this morning. I found this after I posted the video of Iz earlier. These boys are fantastic.