Sunday, March 13, 2011

Because I'm Brilliant like that....

Sometimes I feel like I am my own worst enemy. I get these brilliant plans and act on them and then when I am past the point of no return I realize I have messed something up. I did that tonight. It isn't the hugest problem that I created, it is just going to be something that bothers my CDO (OCD alphabetized) brain. So the story.

I have a home-based business. I do home parties for a well known company. Tonight I decided that it would be a wonderful idea to get my whole year mapped out. I would look up all of the monthly specials for hosts and guests for the rest of the year. I would write them in my calender in the appropriate month so that when I am booking shows I would be able to tell people what the specials were in the coming months. I would cross check the specials with the wish lists from my former hosts and set up an e-mail schedule so that I can tell them how to earn what they wanted. I worked diligently for over 2 hours, wrote everything in my most beautiful handwriting so that it was attractive to look into my calender, it was amazing. Then in the last moment I noticed something, something important, something I should have looked at hours ago, something it should have occurred to me to check when I started. What was that you ask? The year. I did all of this work and I used the specials calender from 2010 not 2011.

So now what do I have? A calender full of writing that is useless and 2 hours of wasted time, well now probably closer to 3 since I have been beating myself up over it for almost an hour. Yippie! Happy Sunday night to this Diva. I think it's bedtime, yup, definitely bedtime.

~DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!