Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TPT - Tea

Today's pictures is of something that I really love and that makes me smile every time I see it. Tea! I love specialty loose leaf teas. I have a pretty good selection right now, but I am still wanting more. I love that it has so many more flavor options than coffee, I love that it has such amazing health benefits, and I think it's really fun to watch the dried teas, flowers, and fruits revive in the water.

This love started when I was young I come from a family of tea drinkers, but the love for loose teas started in High School. There was a little restaurant in town called Tea & Sympathy that was located in a historic house, each room was decorated in Southern/Victorian Era couches, and low tables, some more formal and some more casual. They served your choice of one of 100 or so teas and small meals, soup, salad, cheese, dessert and always scones with clotted cream, lemon curd and homemade strawberry preserves, it was amazing. My friends and I used to take long lunches and have some quiet time with each other.

I still think of these friends often when I brew a perfect cup of loose tea. So on top of everything else I get a little smile while I remember those times. So my picture today is of tea.

1 comment:

  1. Our go to tea place was Brandy's. I don't think I ever went to Tea and Sympathy but it sounds like a great place as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!