Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Hodgepodge Wednesday is brought to you by the letter E
1. National Read a Road Map Day falls on April 5th. Would people say you have a good sense of direction? Do you rely on a GPS when you drive somewhere new? When was the last time you used a map? I have a horrid sense of direction, it is really bad. DH hates it when we PCS (move with the the military) because I get lost for at least the first 6 months. Because of this we have both a GPS system and the GPS enabled on our smart phones. It makes both of us panic less. I love maps though. I really do. There is something immensely satisfying to me when I hold a paper map in my hand and can watch our progress, see what it coming up and what we are driving near but not past. When I am the passenger on a road trip I always bring along the good old Rand McNally to keep me company.
2. What's your favorite cookbook? A single favorite? Wow, I love cookbooks and finding new recipes. In fact I have time penciled in my schedule each week specifically to look through cookbooks for something new to serve my family. My all time favorite though would be the one I relieved at my bridal shower, it contains hand written family favorites from everyone who attended and I have been adding to it over the years.
3. What painting would you like to "walk into" and experience? Why? Wow, so many choices. I think that right this moment I would want to go into A Sunday Afternoon on the island of La Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat 1884. I have always loved that one.
4. What annoys you more- misspellings or mispronunciations? Both. But more so the mispronunciations because at times my spelling is horrible.
5. What is something your mother or father considered important? Just one thing? I think that both of them considered growing up to become a Godly, kind, and productive adult very important.
6. Do you like or dislike schedules? I LOVE schedules. I feel lost without them, schedules and lists make my world go around.
7. Let's have some fun with National Poetry Month (that would be April)...write your own ending to this poem-
"Roses are Red
Violets are blue..."
bread is my favorite snack,
Oh and cheese is too.
Incidentally if you'd like to read the history behind that little ditty you'll find it here.
8. Insert your own random thought in this space. I'm going to take a hint from the Hodgepodge creator and use this space for my April A-Z thought today, so my letter is E.
E ~ Is for Energy. Which I am feeling a great lack of today. Yuck. I woke up this morning with a huge headache and an immense craving for caffeine. I am currently working on satisfying this craving. Hopefully I don't go overboard and have so much that I can't get to sleep tonight. Sometimes I do that to myself and get into a cycle of not sleeping at night, needing caffeine to function, but having too much and not sleeping at night.