Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday brought to you by the letter K

1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people? This one is actually hard for me. If you know me and my husband well you know that we are party people. We have people over to our house to hang out more often than not, sometimes as many as 4 nights a week. I try to keep my mingling both ways. I try and make sure to talk to everyone and make sure that no one feels ignored, but I also love to use the time to have some real adult conversation with the ladies that come around.
2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room? Ok, in my first house I remember all sorts of things, I have a great memory for stuff, but the two things that stick out the most are my dad's beer stein collection, it covered an entire wall. My Brother and I share that collection now, well sort of, we both really need to get them out of storage at Mom's house. The other thing I remember is the brick/rock surround on the fireplace. It had a kachina picture worked into the rock it was pretty cool.


3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore? Me? Nope. When DH is deployed I can slide out of the bed and it looks made. Snore, maybe, especially when I am having an allergy attack or am really tired.


4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday? My favorite way to have lamb is cooked by someone else. I have never made it myself because... well I don't know why, but I haven't. I don't dislike it, and I don't have problems because it was once a fluffy white baby. Although when we lived in England I drove past a bunch of lamb farms, ranches, what do you call them? Anyway, they were on our way every single day. On Easter Sunday we do ham, mostly because my husband doesn't like turkey, or roast.


5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you? My birth certificate is in the front coat closet, in the firesafe in the 4th hanging folder from the front, it's the second birth certificate from the front. The last time I used it.... hmmm. I don't remember. I got both of the girls out last month when we renewed their passports.


6. As a child, how did people describe you? I don't know. Anyone? I was a smart, somewhat shy, non-athletic child. That's how I would describe myself I have no clue what others would say about me.


7. What do you complain about the most? I make an effort not to complain about things I think that it is unproductive. I'm sure that DH could tell you what it is though. I would say probably right now it would be the school systems here where we live. They are horrid, not just bad, horrid.

8. Insert your own random thought here. K - is for Keep it Simple.... As a continuation of the A-Z blogging challenge and in the theme of this week with travel today I will talk about the best packing advice I ever received. Keep it simple. With the cost of checking baggage now days we see more and more people traveling out of their carry on bags. This change has been really hard for some people because they can't figure out how to downsize their luggage. So here is my recommendation. Keep it Simple. Don't pack 3 outfits where 1 will do, having options based on your feelings is nice, but not necessary. Pack your outfits with shoes and accessories in mind. If you are going for a week or less try and keep the shoe needs to 1 or two pairs, you don't need to pack outfits that need black shoes and outfits that need brown shoes, pick a pair that are comfortable that you love and only plan outfits that work with those. Pre plan your outfits. Actually lay them out, underwear and accessories included. I then list everything that I packed on a paper. That way when I am finished with the trip and re-packing to come home I know that I am not leaving anything behind.

~DD

3 comments:

  1. Our house is normally like yours...we like our peeps and my hubs is especially Mr. Social. We're champion packers...my hubs packs pretty much every week and has it down to a science. I tend to be in the same clothes in our travel photos because I know what travels well : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have learned to travel lightly due to the cost of checking in luggage. Plus, for ten years, we traveled frequently for soccer tournaments. Unpacking was such a bear that we learned to forgo the extras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a desirable thing to be well descended, but the glory belongs to our ancestors.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!