Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday - Brought to you by the letter W

1. What is something that bothers you if it is not done perfectly?
Things that bother me when I don't do them perfectly or things that bother me when others don't do them perfectly? I try really hard not to be judgemental of others because I know that not everyone feels like things need to be done to the same level that I do. Things that bother me when I don't do them perfectly. Well I'll just list my biggest little thing. Are they straight? It doesn't matter what, if something should be straight and even and it isn't it drives me crazy. Place mats on the table, towels hanging on the rack, my cutting board on the counter, even my towel that I set on the counter to air dry dishes has to be square with the counter.


2. What is one of your best childhood memories?
I don't think that I could single it out to just one. I had an amazing childhood full of fun and love and friends. There are very few childhood memories that I have that are unpleasant, and I think that is the best gift my parents could have ever given me.


3. Do you plan to watch the Royal Wedding and when was the last time you wore a hat?
No, probably not. I am not a huge celebrity watcher in any way shape or form. I love weddings though, so I might watch it. I actually feel sorry for both of them I cannot imagine having every single thing I chose for my wedding be picked apart by the media and every average person.

The last time I wore a hat was actually not that long ago, I love hats! I wish that I lived somewhere that I could get away with wearing the huge hats all the time. Speaking of which I really need to go get a huge summer sun hat.


4. Where do you fall in the birth order in your family? Do you think this has influenced your personality?
I am the first born. And I am totally a first born in every single way. I am demanding and bossy, I love ordering people around. I am nosey and concerned with everything that is going on with everyone around me. My poor husband.


5. Where do you think you spend most of your money?
Hmmm, bills. I guess that isn't the answer that you were looking for. In the disposable income category I would say that most of our spending recently has been on furniture and house decorations. We aren't people who go out to eat a lot, or have expensive habits, we rarely travel, basically we use the income that we make to live, we do this so that we can afford for me to stay home with the girls while they are young.


6. When you need to confront someone would you rather communicate in person, on the phone, by email or by letter? Why?
I HATE confrontation. I really do. I especially hate it in person, I have a very hard time remaining calm and rational when I am confronting someone in person, or even on the phone, so a written confrontation is my choice. It allows me to state my feelings in a rational manner and also allows me to re-read them before they are sent to see if I am being reasonable.


7. Dodge ball, freeze tag, kickball or jump rope? You have to pick one.
When I was a kid.... Jump rope. Now, kickball. I am not coordinated enough any more to jump rope. I think that I would benefit health wise from trying to revive my love of jumping rope.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
W is for...Wind and Wilting. The wind has been blowing so badly here that I cannot keep enough water on the garden and my plants are wilting. So I no longer have strawberries and peas. I can't wait to live somewhere a little more garden friendly than the desert.

6 comments:

  1. Your childhood sounds wonderful. I pray every child has the same memories as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lush where I live but I mostly do lots of pots and baskets...the wildlife around here is over the top and they chow down on a garden.

    My husband would have your same answer to #1...he cannot relax if something is even a teensy bit crooked.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really dry here also and if we don't get some rain soon, everything is going to start wilting.

    I knew a couple once that when they had a disagreement, they wrote each other letters - for exactly the reasons you listed. They were able to fully express themselves, without interruption and without emotion. I think it's a wonderful idea but I think the longer my letter got, the more I would talk myself out of writing it. Maybe I'm a pacifist at heart ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking blog!! And I love your answers. Your childhood sounds idyllic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your answer to #2. And it's so funny reading all the different responses to #1. It shows a lot about people, I think. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love trying on hats in stores. That may seem a little gross, but oh my. Like you, I wish they were more in style!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!